Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Eastern Michigan Vs. Ball State Basketball

I've been thinking about going to an Eastern Michigan basketball game for a while. Yesterday, as I was putzing around Facebook, I noticed that the Eastern Michigan Alumni group on there was giving free tickets for answering some trivia questions. I was able to answer one of the questions and I got a ticket to the game tonight. Eastern's Basketball team this year is about as good as its football team, which isn't saying much but some of their losses have been pretty close. But still, I can have fun watching basketball.

After taking pictures of real eagles for the past month, taking a picture of a mascot doesn't seem quite the same. Especially when its a mascot that I'm still not 100% happy with.

I looked down at the scorer's table and saw this shot. I kind of like how it turned out.

The team saluting before they take the court.

This is shot of Eastern on defense. I'm still not comfortable taking basketball pictures.

This is Eastern's leading scorer, Brandon Bowdry taking a shot. I almost didn't recognize him because last year he had dreads.

Brandon Bowdry driving to the basket.

This is one of the Eastern players shooting a basket.

Adrian Burton taking the ball out.

One of the Ball State guys going to the basket. He was actually pretty decent.

Another Eastern player shooting a basket.

This is Eastern's coach. He was not a very happy man this game. It wasn't bad enough that Eastern had to battle Ball State, it seemed like they had to battle the refs too.



Eastern's mascot doing a flip. I'll have to admit it's pretty impressive seeing this.

Another Ball State player going to the basket.

Brandon Bowdry shooting a layup.



Brandon Bowdry attempting another shot.



Brandon attempting another.



I think he missed this shot.

Of all the games I've went to, I've never caught a slam dunk. So I was happy.

The Ball State player driving to the basket.

It was a decent game but Eastern ended up losing 60-51.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved the pictures-felt like I was there!