Sunday, May 15, 2011

And More Eagles...

As I said in my last post, I stopped by the eagle's nest before heading back home. It was still pretty windy today and that made getting some of the shots pretty difficult (especially a decent shot of the nest).
The dad was still standing watch over the mom and the eaglets. So he was still pretty close to the road. In fact, he may have been closer to the road than yesterday.

As I said, it was pretty windy.

In fact it was so windy, that this eagle was having a pretty difficult time landing. It's amazing that a creature adapted to the air can still have trouble.

But he still looked pretty cool.

I almost wasn't going to include this shot because of the tree in the middle but it's not often that I am almost eye level with an eagle.

That eagle landed near the other giving me a shot with two eagles in it.


And sort of a shot of one of the eaglets and mom.

No comments: