Saturday, May 7, 2011

Flora at the Detroit Zoo

Like I said in my earlier post from today, I decided to head up to the Detroit Zoo. It was a nice enough day and the sun was out for most of it. The temperature was in the high 60's, so it felt pretty nice. My only real issue was the number of people, but oh well.

I guess I never really paid attention to the flowers that they have planted around the zoo. Either that or I've never been to the zoo at this point in the spring. Anyways, there were some nice ones.
I took this picture as I was heading from the parking structure to the zoo entrance. Not sure what kind of plant it is but it is some sort of flowering tree.

I liked the colors on this one. Especially with the way the sun was hitting it.

I think I was most surprised to see that they had trillium all over the place. It was cool, as I really haven't been up north yet.

Another shot of trillium.



A shot of trillium from the side.

They also had a good selection of tulips.

A more red tulip.

I kind of liked this shot from the side.


I think this is an apple blossom.

Another color tulip.

2 comments:

Clarice Starling said...

That first one looks like dogwood. Nice pictures my friend.

Mikoyan said...

I thought dogwood had bigger petals.