Friday, May 13, 2011

Nichols Arboretum in May

So tonight I decided to head over to the Arb for the continuation of that 12 month series. As much as last night, it was a good night for it but still a little humid. At times today, it didn't look like the weather would cooperate for me but it did. So here are the pictures.
Tonight I decided to use the other entrance for the Arb. This one is located near the Ronald McDonald house and takes me to the peony garden. Unfortunately they aren't in bloom yet.

This is the peony garden. Even though they aren't in bloom, it still looks quite nice.


This was on a tree. NOt sure what kind though but it looked pretty cool.

I want to say these are blue bonnets but I also want to say that is probably wrong.

A shot of the Huron River. This is normally where I walk.

The stand of pine trees that I usually take pictures of.

I think when I last took a picture of this tree, it didn't have anyting on it. Now it is in full bloom.

One of the blossoms on that tree.

I just loved the contrast of colors in this shot.


And I loved the myriad of colors in this shot.


Same with this.

A closeup of one of those trees. These are pretty beautiful flowers.

I'm not sure what kind of flower this is, but I like it.

Another shot for contrasting colors.

Just a shot of a tree with the river in the background.

A pine tree and the peony garden again.


I never take this way into the Arb, so I don't think I've ever seen this house before. It is the Reader Urban Education Center now. It was moved to this location as it is one of the earliest houses in Ann Arbor.

No comments: