Monday, March 21, 2016

Watching the Trains Go By

Next I headed down to Ohio to catch some trains.  I'm not used to getting down there as early as I did.  I was hoping that I would catch a few trains in Bellevue.  It seems like mornings and late afternoons work the best.
 I saw this train heading towards Bellevue as I was on US-20.  I thought I would have plenty of time to catch it but as soon as I parked the car, I heard the horn.  I wasn't able to get the shot I quite wanted, but this one will do.
 I think I really like this shot.  It's not often that I see CN trains in Ohio.
 It was pretty slow after the CN train, so I started to doze off and then I heard the distinctive sound of diesel engines.  I got out in time to catch this shot.
 It stayed slow for a while, so I decided to head over to the Nickel Plate Museum.  Sadly it was closed but there are trains that are out in the open.  I started with a picture of this Norfolk and Western engine.
 I believe this is a caboose painted in Baltimore and Ohio livery.
 I think this is a variant of a Nickel Plate scheme.
 Another Nickel Plate engine.
 I really like this one.
 A switcher.
The France Stone Company was founded by William and Nathaniel France in Toledo, Ohio.  They owned a number of quarries in Ohio.
 This engine ended up heading towards Fostoria.
 I kind of like the picture with the signal lights in the distance.  After this train, I decided to head towards Fostoria as well.  It seemed like every signal in Bellevue was red and I'm not sure what was going on.
 I was able to beat the train to Fostoria but it turns out that it was only going to Fostoria.
 Which was fine because I was able to get some pictures that I don't normally get. 
 A shot of the engine.
 And the trailing engine.
 I kind of liked this shot with the engine, cross buck and the Fostoria tower.
 It says "Save 6132" on the wheels.  Not quite sure what that means for this engine.
 Another shot as the engine backs into the yard.
 A train coming down from Toledo.
 Once of the reasons why I love this spot.
 This engine was pulling out Auto-Racks.  It ended up having to do a multi-point turn to end up heading west.
 A west bound intermodal.
 Another train hiding between the cars.
 Another reason why I like Fostoria.  It's not often you can get a picture with more than one train in it.
And one more engine before heading out.

No comments: