Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Date With the Algosar

The Algosar was docked on the other side in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario.  Most of these pictures were taken while I was on the boat tour.
 The Algosar has appeared on this blog before, so I'm not going to go into her history here.  I took this picture as I was taking pictures of the Cort.
 As we pulled out of the dock, I was able to get this picture of her.  I'm not a fan of taking pictures of ships while they are docked but this was okay I guess.
 Ocassionally, the Algosar will find herself called into service during the winter.  As long as she stays on this side of the locks, that's not typically a problem.  She will carry fuel oil to Sault Ste Marie, Ontario.
 One nice thing about being in a boat is that I get different angles than I normally do.
 We got fairly close to her.
 An almost full shot of her.
If you look closely, you can see a hint of her past under the Algosar.

No comments: