Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pride of Baltimore II in Sepia

I was hoping to go out and about tonight but I didn't.  So rather than not posting, I decided to do a little messing around in Lightroom again.
As soon as I saw this picture, I thought it would look pretty decent in sepia.  It is the Pride of Baltimore II while I was in Put-In-Bay.

This is a ship that I saw at the Tall Ships Festival in Bay City but it still had a pretty cool history.  It is a replica of the Pride of Baltimore from the War of 1812 and the original served as a privateer.  A privateer was basically a legal pirate that would fight for a particular country.  Of course privateers are still illegal to the country they prey on.

She was built in 1988 and has served as an ambassdor for Maryland since then.  She has sailed over 200,000 miles and has visited over 200 ports.

No comments: