Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Five Year Summary

Last week, I did my post celebrating the fifth year of my blog.  Tonight I'm going to do a summary of what has been on that blog.
 Anyone who has followed this blog for any length of time will not be surprised that the Roger Blough has appeared in 49 posts.  Well they might be surprised it has appeared in so few posts.
 The Tahquamenon Falls has appeared on here 35 times.  Although 12 of those was when I decided to do a twelve month project of the Falls.
 The Mackinac Bridge has appeared on Michigan Exposures at least 79 times, although I think it may be more because there was a time when I wasn't doing labels on my posts.
Detroit has appeared in here at least 715 times in one form or another.  Although many of those posts would be where I was shooting pictures from Detroit rather than shooting pictures of it.

Speaking of posts, as of this post, I have written 3,536 posts.  My post count tapered off a bit this year but I decided to combine some posts where in the past I would have made separate posts out of them.  This blog has now been visited at least 460,000 times.   In a very rough estimate, I have posted 29,000 pictures on here.

Of course this also would be a good time to talk about my plans for the future.  Well, the only certainty is that there is some sort of train trip in my future but I am deciding between the Empire Builder or the California Zephyr.  If  I take the Empire Builder, it will be to Glacier.  If I take the Zephyr, it will likely be to Yosemite.  I would still like to find my way up to Duluth at some point.  Possibly this year.

It would be really interesting to see how many miles I have logged for this blog.  I am going to guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 200,000 but I am afraid that is being generous.  When I start talking train miles, I know that I have a few there too.  It has been a fun ride though.

2 comments:

tugboathunter said...

So would this be the 50th Blough post? :)

Christopher List said...

Lol!

I've never been to Yosemite, but Glacier is incredible!