Sunday, January 12, 2014

And Finally the Ojibway

And the last in our little convoy was the Ojibway.
 Looks like there was a little more ice in this picture but not quite as much as the pictures coming up.
 The Ojibway makes my top ten list of ships because she was built in my home town of Bay City, Michigan.  I still think it is amazing that a ship is still sailing after 61 years.
 I didn't quite get the picture of her passing through the bird cloud but I did like the sky a little bit better.  There was some color other than gray in it.
 Sort of a head shot.
 A closer head shot.
 As she turns to get into the channel in the River.  Sadly, I didn't get pictures of her framed by the Bridge.
 A sharper angle.
 I really like this angle.
 I was almost able to get my beam shot of her.
 But I did get a shot of her pilothouse.
 And stack.
 And one more stern shot.
 After watching the Ojibway pass, we decided to head for lunch in Port Huron but it took longer than I had hoped because the Ojibway was the only ship we were able to catch further down the river.  Looking at this picture, I wish we had caught more because I could have gotten pictures of an ice breaker in action too.  Oh well, this will have to do.
 As you can see, there is quite a bit of ice here.  It is amazing that the ships can make it through them.  Well in fact, some of them are not and have to get pulled out by the ice breaker/tugs.  This is part of the reason why the shipping season is ending early for some of the ships.
 Her bow does cut a nice profile.
 One more shot of her bow.
 She passes by the spot.
 I decided to go to one more spot to catch her.  This is actually in Algonac just before she passes behind Harsen's Island.
 It looks a little moodier in this shot.
And one more shot of her.

No comments: