Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Sun Rises on Eastern Michigan

It was a nice sunny morning this morning and I liked the way that sun was hitting Pierce Hall.  It gave it a nice glow.
 I never really appreciated the architecture on Eastern's campus.  It's really not that bad but it is definately a reflection that Eastern did most of it's growing in the 50's and 60's.  I don't particularly hate modern architecture but I will take an older building over a modern one any day.
 For some reason, the faces near the top of the building remind me of Greek theater masks.
 But I can never pass up the tall view of a building.  I like the way the lines lead up in this picture.
 And then there's the quarter view.
 Of all the times I've take a picture of the Pierce Hall tower, I never noticed that owl before.  I think it's kind of cool.
 Even though the light wasn't illuminating it as well as Pierce Hall, I couldn't pass up an opportunity to take a picture of Pease Auditorium.  I like it's more or less classical look.
And one more picture of Pierce Hall.

No comments: