Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Snowy Day in Ypsilanti

I was thinking about heading over to Detroit today in order to catch my first ship of the year.  The weather gave me second thoughts as the roads were pretty slick but it didn't seem too bad.  As I was heading towards the Freeway, I nearly had a minivan hit me as he spun out.  Then he blew past me and through the light.  That was giving me pause, but I still headed towards the freeway.  The freeway looked clear but as I got on, it seemed pretty slick so I got off at the next exit and headed home.

After filling myself with breakfast, I decided that getting a picture of the train would be pretty cool on a day like today.  So I headed down to Depot Town for some pictures.  Here are the not-train pictures.
 This time I decided to grab my pictures of the train from other side near the Depot itelf.  So here is a shot of the freight house from an angle I don't normally get.
 Depot Town and it's namesake.
 Another shot of the freight house.  As you can see, the snow was coming down pretty hard.
 After getting my train pictures, I decided to wander around town for a little bit.  So here's a shot of part of Depot Town.
 The shot of Depot Town that I like better.  With the crappy weather, there wasn't a ton of traffic.
 Gave me a chance to get the shot of the clock again.  This one looks a little more holidayesque.
 Then I decided to wander over to Eastern's campus to get pictures of the Water Tower.
 Then a shot of Pease Auditorium.  I think I like it better with the walks cleared because I get some leading lines.
 Pierce Tower in the snow.
 I kind of like this shot of the Water Tower past the pampas grass.
 Then a shot over the trees.
 I kind of like this shot of Pease, but I think I would have liked it better with my other lens.  This isn't too bad though.
 I couldn't pass on a shot of the Paper Mill since that is right on the way home.  I kind of like some of the reflections in the water.
And one more shot.  You can see the building in the water a little better in this shot.

While I am disappointed that I didn't get a chance to get ship pictures but the fact that it kept snowing pretty much all afternoon took that disappointment away.  I don't think I would have liked to deal with the roads after all of that.

No comments: