Sunday, July 10, 2016

Catching the Michipicoten

On Friday night, I noticed that the Michipicoten was making her way down Lake Huron.  She is a ship that I don't get to see all that often because she mostly goes between Marquette and Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.  I figured that she would be passing Port Huron yesterday around 9:30 A.M.
 My timing was just about right as I was able to catch her as she appeared around the paper mill.  There were a few boaters.
 The first bowshot as she makes the turn towards the front of the St. Clair River.
 She gets a little closer.
 The next bowshot as she starts to make the other turn for the channel.
 She's framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 I'm not quite sure where she was headed though.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 the beam shot of her.

One more shot before she moves on.

No comments: