Tuesday, September 6, 2016

The James R. Barker Heads to St. Clair

I decided to go out boatwatching on Saturday.  There was a ship that would be passing by that is probably on her last season.  I saw that there were a few other ships that were going to be out and about.
 First up was the James R. Barker.  She was kind of moving at a leisurely pace because the spot she was heading to was occupied by the Paul R. Tregurtha.
 She was delivering coal to the St. Clair Power Plant and based on where I saw her heading afterwards, I believe she had a split load for one of the other power plants.
 It was nice seeing her because I think it's been a while since I've seen her.
 I like the fact that she has the scrubbers.  Almost makes it look like she is a steamship.
And she continues down her way down the river.

No comments: