Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Lee A. Tregurtha Leaves the Rouge River

As I said in the last post, I caught the Lee A. Tregurtha as she was leaving the Rouge River.  I wasn't actually expecting to catch her, so she was kind of a bonus.
 I always like to catch the Lee A. Tregurtha.  I think she looks even cooler with the smoke stack scrubbers.
 As you can see, it wasn't exactly the best weather yesterday but that steam stands out pretty nicely against the gray sky.
 She works her way up slowly.  As it turns out, she was heading over to the fuel docks but I didn't know that at the time.
 I kind of like Del Ray for shooting pictures.  It gives a mostly uncluttered view.


 She gives me the beam shot in front of the pretty ominous looking clouds.
 She passes by.
 And starts to turn towards the fuel dock.  This is another reason why I like Del Ray.  You can get a good shot of the Detroit skyline.
I ended going over to Riverside to catch one of the next ships, so I got a shot of her at the docks.

No comments: