Saturday, June 9, 2018

Night of the Living 737s

So I'm getting around to posting my pictures from Thursday night.  Next week is the last week that I can enjoy seeing two 787s in the same night.  The Air France 787 flight ends on June 18.  I think they will be using a 777 instead which is still cool.
 I tried to get to the airport soon enough.  As I was coming off the ramp, I saw the Royal Jordanian 787 getting ready to land.  Fortunately, there was a spot where I could pull off and I ended up getting pictures of her.
 In a sea of white liveries, it is nice to see some different colors.
 It was followed by an Embrear 175 coming in from O'Hare Airport.
 The evening A330 flight from Amsterdam.  I like watching the A330, the rear landing gear remind me of a set of talons getting ready to clutch prey.  For some reason, I imagine the prey of an A330 to be a CRJ.
 Speaking of CRJs, this is a CRJ-700 arriving from White Plains.
 A Southwest Airlines 737 arriving from Atlanta.
 It was followed by the jetBlue A320 from Boston.
 I kind of like their livery too but I really like the slogan on the nose.  This one says, "Shades of Blue".
 The next plane was kind of a surprise.  It was a Sun Country 737 arriving from Lansing, Michigan.  When you consider that it is roughly an hour and a half drive, it doesn't seem to make sense to fly from there.  I think the flight time on this flight was 38 minutes over which half of it was spent taxiing.  I doubt they had drink service.  Anyway, Sun Country is a Minnesota based airline and they have been putting Minnesota lakes on their noses.  This one says, "Lake Lipin".
 A Sprit Airlines A320 arriving from San Diego.
 This United Airlines A320 was arriving from San Francisco.
 A CRJ-900 arriving from Charlotte.
 An A19 arriving from Mexico City.

 An MD-88 coming from Windsor Locks.
 Another A319 coming in from Monterrey.
 This CRJ-200 was coming in from South Bend.
 And a CRJ-200 from Bay City, Michigan.
 This CRJ-900 was arriving from Portland, Maine.
 And a Spirit A320 from Atlanta.
 An Embrear 175 coming in from Newark.
 The other plane I was waiting for was the 787 for Air France.
 It was arriving from Paris.
 And I think it's a beautiful aircraft.
 A CRJ-200 coming in from Akron.
 This 757 was arriving from Fort Lauderdale.
 This was an A321 arriving from Minneapolis but it had to do a go around.
 From Fort Myers.
 The MD-83 is probably the oldest plane I'll see at Detroit Metro.  This one was arriving from Dallas.
 This CRJ-700 was arriving from Grand Rapids.
 I think this was the third 737 I saw and it was arriving from Portland, Oregon.  Not to be confused with the other plane from Maine.
 And then we have Fed Ex 505 from Memphis.
 This was an MD-11.
 And this is the A321 from Minneapolis finishing its flight.
 A CRJ-700 from Green Bay.
 A 717 from Madison.
 Another 737 arriving from Seatttle.
 An A321 from San Diego.
 And a CRJ-200 from Kalamazoo.  I imagine this is an even shorter flight than the one from Lansing.
 A CRJ-200 from K.I. Sawyer in the UP.

 And one from Traverse City.
 A CRJ-700 from Milwaukee.
 And I ended the evening with a 757.
 This one was arriving from Santa Ana, California which is home to John Wayne Airport.
It is a beautiful plane.

No comments: