Thursday, June 21, 2018

The John D. Leitch Makes an Appearance at Belle Isle

I decided that I wanted to go photographing tonight.  First I looked at Flight Radar to see if there would be any planes passing.  Sadly, the Air France flight was canceled tonight.  So I took a look at Marine Traffic and saw that there would be three ships passing at about a time I could catch them.
 Originally, I was going to head up to Port Huron to catch them but then I saw that two of the ships had stopped for fuel.  That gave me the chance to catch them at Belle Isle instead.
 Which is nice because that meant my drive wasn't that long.
 First up was the John D. Leitch belonging to Algoma Central.  I'm not sure where she loaded but she was headed to Gary.
 That could mean she was carrying iron ore or stone.  But given that she was heading from this direction, I'm going to guess that she was carrying stone.
It was nice to see her because I haven't seen her in a while.

No comments: