Monday, July 30, 2018

A Brief Stop at the Tahquamenon Falls

I didn't realize it, but it has been close to three years since I've stopped at the Falls.  I wasn't in the area the last time I was in the Upper Peninsula and before that I had a rental car which didn't have a state park sticker.  So this time I decided that I needed to stop there.
 I was amazed at the number of people who were there.  The parking lot was almost full and it looked like I might not be able to find a spot.  Luckily, someone was pulling out as I was looking to park.  So I took the trek back to the Falls, while I feel much better than I did a few months ago, I'm still not 100%.  I think these things are going to take some time.
 After working my way through all the people taking selfies and what not, I was able to get a shot of the falls.   I didn't really have time for the steps, so I just took pictures from the upper portion.
 It wasn't too bad, but it seems like they may need to do some trimming.
 It's still not a bad view though.
I didn't like my pictures from the other spots, but I did like this one.  I think the next time I go there, I will have to make the trek down the stairs.  I think that makes for the best views.

No comments: