Sunday, July 22, 2018

The Roger Blough Passes By Riverside Park

It wasn't too long before the ship that I wanted to catch made her appearance.  Even though I caught her at Engineer's Day, I wanted to catch her as she went downbound on Monday but I ended up going to the Townie Party in Ann Arbor. 
 I think this time I had a better opportunity as I wasn't shooting into the sun.  Plus it was pretty close to being the golden hour.
 If you know where to look, you can occasionally get head shots of a freighter.  And since I have a bigger lens, I can get them farther out.
 And she starts to pass.
 Another angle as she gets closer.
 The light was just about perfect.
 I love pictures of ships near sunset.
 And she passes below the Ambassador Bridge.
 A shot of her stern as she continues up the Lakes.  In about 6 hours after this picture, she will be passing Port Huron.  About 19 Hours after that, she will be passing through the Poe Lock.
After she is raised to the Lake Huron level, it will take her a little over 24 hours to make it to her destination of Duluth.  In Duluth, she will take on another load of taconite and take the voyage again.

No comments: