Tuesday, July 24, 2018

The Honorable James L. Oberstar Leaving the Rouge River

I went down to the river on Friday night in the hopes of catching a couple of ships.  Little did I know that another ship would be leaving the Rouge River at about the same time.
 As I arrived at Riverside Park, i noticed that the Oberstar was pulling out of the Rouge River.  She had just delivered taconite to the Rouge River steel plant.
 I'm not sure where the Oberstar was heading to.  It could be Calcite for a stone load or Marquette for another taconite load.
In either case, it was cool to catch what amounted to a bonus ship.
 She move closer.
 I like the effect the scrubbers give.
 She is approached by the Westcott.
 The Westcott gets alongside of her to deliver something.
 And she continues her way up the river.
 She passes the subject of my next ship post.
And she passes the Renaissance Center.  Roughly about 24 hours after this post, she will be passing through the Soo Locks if she's going to Marquette.

No comments: