Saturday, July 7, 2018

A Trip to O'Hare Part I

I went to O'Hare Airport in Chicago last weekend.  I ended up spending most of the day spotting and as a result, I have a ton of pictures.  I'm going to split this up into three posts so that it doesn't get too overwhelming.
 First up was an A321 belonging to American Airlines.  It was flying from Phoenix.
 It was followed by a 757 from Denver.
 One of the amazing things about Chicago is the number of international carriers that fly there.  The first one I encountered was this A330 belonging to Lufthansa.  It was flying from Munich.
 I think O'Hare is evenly split between United and American.  Both airlines consider it one of their hub cities.  This 737 was flying from Dallas.
 An A330 belonging to Swiss Air.  Unfortunately I couldn't get a side shot of it because I was trying to figure out if I could park at the train station or not.  It turns out that I could.  This particular plane was flying from Zurich.
Swissair was founded in 1931 and served until its bankruptcy in 2002.  The emerging airline was called Swiss International Airlines.
 This CRJ-200 was arriving from Springfield, Missouri.
 It seems that I get to see plenty of Delta planes at Detroit but I was still kind of happy to see a familiar face.  This particular one is a 717 flying from Atlanta.
 A CRJ-200 from Colorado Springs.
 I think this is an A319 from Charleston.
 Another CRJ.  This particular one was arriving from Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
 A 737 from Las Vegas.
 An Air France A330 from Paris.  I was kind of surprised that I didn't get to see a 747 or 787 from them.  Well I found out that Air France doesn't have the 747 anymore.
 A 737 from Dallas.  Dallas is a main hub for American Airlines.
 A 787 coming in from Shanghai.
 I decided I liked the other angles I took.
 And one more.
 An ERJ from Kansas City.
 While this is a 747, it is a 747-8 which is one of the newer versions of the 747.  I think it uses engines similar to the 787.  There are other upgrades, but it still looks like the Queen.
 A CRJ from Jackson, Mississippi.
 This plane came from Arkansas.
 A 777 coming in from Paris.
 A CRJ from Oklahoma City.
 A 737 from LAX.
I'll conclude this section with a 747 coming in from Heathrow.

No comments: