Wednesday, July 18, 2018

The Joyce Van Enkevort and her Tug The Great Lakes Trader

So after a bit of a drive, I made it up to the Soo.  It was a bit of wait for my first ship because she was moving pretty slowly as she was heading up the St Marys River.  Eventually, she made it to Mission Point.
 First up was the Joyce Van Enkevort and her barge, the Great Lakes Trader.
 I'm not sure where she was heading though.  I'm going to guess that she was heading up to Duluth.
 She was taking her sweet time getting up the river though.  I think she was chugging along at 4 knots or less.  Based on some of the ships I saw at the Locks, I'm wondering if there was a problem.
 I think this was actually built as a barge and not converted from another ship.
 And she finally passes Mission Point.
 A shot of her tug.
And she continues on her way to the Locks.

No comments: