Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Blue Angels - Fat Albert

I think most of the people at the air show were waiting for the next portion of the show...namely the Blue Angels. But you really can't have the Blue Angels without the demonstration of their C-130 which is named Fat Albert.The show used to begin with Fat Albert using its rocket assist. I think Fat Albert is the T model and doesn't really need the rockets plus they are in short supply. So now it just takes off with the use of its propellors. I apologize for the blurriness of this photo, as I tried a slow shutter speed to get the effect of propellor motion.
This picture is a little better, although I probably could have cropped it.
Fat Albert as it goes by in a photo pass.
Fat Albert about to land.
Fat Albert in what's called a hostile field landing.
I know it's only been three weeks since I've seen the Blue Angels in Battle Creek, but I can never really tire of them.

No comments: