Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Ojibway Again...

Making another appearance on Michigan Exposures it the Ojibway. As I went into quite a bit of detail in my last post, I'm not going to repeat myself here. This is the configuration of lake freighter that I like. The pilothouse in the front and the engineering sections in the back. It is the classic configuration of the lake freighter. Ships plying the Lakes have had this basic configuration since the early 1900's.
The Ojibway followed the Joseph H. Thompson pretty closely. If had been about 10 minutes later, I would have missed both ships and probably would not have been happy about that.
This ship getting a little closer. As I said in my last post, I almost didn't think that I would get a spot to shipwatch from. Fortunately, it wasn't too bad of a spot and the light was just about right.
She's almost straight across from me.
My favorite angle for a ship because you can see the full length of her and it is almost undistorted. As I said, this wasn't too bad of a spot as there wasn't much background clutter. I think my spot at the end of the island is nicer but this will do.
For this shot, I put the zoom lens on because I wanted a closeup of the pilot house. I was hoping that you could see the crew but alas the angle wasn't quite right for that. You can see the flags however.
Another angle on the pilothouse.
The Ojibway as she moves further down the river.
I kind of like the lighting on this shot.
The Ojibway and the Joseph H. Thompson and the Ambassador Bridge.
The final shot where you could see most of the ship.
As she heads off.

No comments: