Friday, February 17, 2012

A Pair of CSX Trains

Part of my reasoning for going to Toledo was to see some of the ships that are laid up there.  I saw a picture on another blog of some the ships laid up near the CSX docks in Toledo.  I was hoping to take a picture of that myself but I couldn't really find a good place to stop in order to take the picture.  The roads around there are pretty busy and I didn't want to endanger myself.
 But I did take a couple of train pictures however.  People who follow this blog or know me also know that I like trains.  So I wasn't toltally disappointed (only mostly).  Both of these engines are from CSX and since I've gone over the history of CSX on this blog before, I'm not going to do it again.
Well, I'll go over some of the history.  Every railroad has a beginning and I suppose CSX's beginning is is rooted in the Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad.  In 1986, CSX was formed when the C&O merged with the Seaboard Air Line and Atlantic Coast Railroad.  In 1987, CSX absorbed the Baltimore and Ohio railroad.  I think I've said it before but I'll say it again...I love this color scheme.

No comments: