Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Alpena in the Locks

So the last ship I would see in the Locks was the Alpena.  She makes a fitting end to the day.
 She's been on this blog several times in the past, so I'm not going to go over her history.  We'll jsut say that she is another of my favorites.
 It's kind of a shame that they don't build them with lines like this anymore.   I'll take a ship like this over the Baie St. Paul any day.
 She slowly works her way into the MacArthur Lock.  It looked like they were spraying down the wall as she was moving.
 A fairly nice shot of her.
 And a shot of her pilothouse.
 A closer shot of her pilothouse.
 A more pulled out shot to get her full length.

 She slowly works her way in to the lock.
 And she passes by.
 A shot of her deckhouse.
 Another shot of her pilothouse.
 And her stack.
 One more of her stack.
 A pretty stern shot.
 One more shot of her stern before leaving the locks.
 And then we headed to Sherman Park for some pictures of her on the water.  This is a shot of the scrapyards across the water.  I think the ship on the right was the Algonorth.
 And then the Alpena comes into view.  I really like her like this.
 She has lovely curves.
 And she slowly works her way around the park.
 She passes the rocks.
 She pulls away.
 I just wanted a full shot.
One more shot before moving on.

No comments: