Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Return of the Defoe Kid

I decided to do some boatwatching on Saturday.  One of the things that got me out was the fact there would be a couple ships I wanted to see out and about.  I decided that I would go boatwatching along the St. Clair River because that gave me the best chance to see the ships I was looking to see.
 First up is the ship that I'm going to call the "Defoe Kid" from now on.  She's probably better known as the Ojibway but since she's one of the few ships that was built at Defoe Shipyards in Bay City that is still travelling the lakes, I'm going to call her that.
 It's kind of hard to call something built in 1952 a kid but she still looks pretty good especially compared to some other ships.
 She slowly works her way down the river.
And past the point where I could keep seeing her.

No comments: