Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Honorable James L. Oberstar

Next up was one of the ships that I'd missed in Detroit on the day before, the Honorable James L. Oberstar.  I saw her as the Tregurtha was heading down river.
 So I stuck around 4 Mile Beach for a little longer.  I couldn't pass up on the Oberstar.  She's a beautiful vessel.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 As she was passing the beach.
 The almost straight on shot.
 And then I headed back to Mission Point for more shots.  There was a group of boatnerds gathered there.  They were waving at the ship.
 And the ship gave a salute back.  It was pretty cool.
 A closer shot of her pilothouse.  You can see all her flags flying.
 As she was passing Mission Point.
 I assume that this is the Captain.
 A shot of her stack.
And shot of her pilothouse.

No comments: