Friday, July 5, 2013

The Algosoo and an Iterloper

I was hoping to do something useful today but instead I ended up lounging around in the apartment.  Then I saw that the Algosoo would be heading down, so I decided to head down to the River to take pictures of her.
 I wasn't sure if I'd be able to catch her from Belle Isle or Milliken, so I checked AIS just before getting to Belle Isle and I saw that I'd have to go to Milliken.  That's okay because it gives me a chance for a stalker ship picture.
 I wish I had been able to make it to Belle Isle though because I would have had a chance for a headshot.  This is the closest I can get at Milliken.
 But it's still not a bad spot for taking pictures of the ships.
 You can get the 3/4's shot that I normally like.
 Shame that I have stuff in the background though.
 Oh well.
 The Algosoo has been on this blog before, so I'm not going to go into her details.  But here's the side shot.
 And a shot of her pilothouse.
 And stack.
 And when I mentioned an interloper in the title, here it is.  Fortunately it wasn't a spot where I would get a decent shot.  It is kind of a cool looking boat though.
 And the Algosoo makes her way past the eye of Sauron.
 And slowly works her way down the river.
 And I'm sure we'll meet again some day.
And then she starts to make her way past the Ambassador Bridge.

No comments: