Monday, August 19, 2013

And Lee Makes For a Happy Photographer

The next ship is probably in my top 10.  She was another that I wasn't really expecting to see because when I checked AIS, she was unloading at Severstal in Dearborn.
 As I was taking pictures of the Anderson, someone pointed out that another ship was coming up behind us.  Since I was just about done with the Anderson, I turned around and saw the Tregurtha.  I was very happy at this development.
 So of course I started to take pictures.  The grizzled veteran is still looking pretty nice.
 She still wears her war ribbons proudly.
 And this gave me a chance for some angles that I don't normally get because I think we were closer to her than the Anderson.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 Another full shot of her side.
 And her deckhouse.
 She slowly approaches downtown.
 And moves past the Ren Cen.
 And then I get a shot of her and the Anderson in the background.  So this is a cool shot of two veterans of the Lakes.
And one more shot of her.

No comments: