Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Old Bailey Schoolhouse

On the grounds of the Sturgeon Point Lighthouse is the Old Bailey Schoolhouse. 
Constructed in 1907, this is an example of a One Room Schoolhouse from the late 1800's or early 1900's.  These would have littered the United States at one time.
 This particular one was built in Mikado, Michigan (which is Northwest of Oscoda) and moved here in 1998.  The stove in the middle of the room would have been used for heating.
 I would have liked this picture more if you didn't see the reflection from my shirt in the lower right hand corner.  If I'd gotten here earlier I could have wandered inside.
 I'm wondering if these are examples of what would have been there in 1908.
 Just another angle.
 For these last two pictures, I figured I would try black and white.  What do you think?
I kind of like this one.

1 comment:

Christopher List said...

I like the last picture in black and white.