Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Mighty Huron

I was going to wander around Ann Arbor tonight but I was still feeling a little under the weather still.   However, I'm feeling much better than I was over the weekend.  So I decided to head over to Barton Park.  I was hoping to catch a shot of the Wolverine on the bridge there.
 The Huron River is still frozen over quite a bit.  It's amazing that a fairly fast moving river like the Huron is almost completely frozen over.
 But I guess what is more amazing is that there is grafitti under the railroad bridge.
 I was watching these swans and then I noticed the grafitti behind them.
 I guess someone caught themselves a tree bass.
 I liked the way the swan was reflected in the part of the river that wasn't frozen.
 And then he started to walk over towards another part of the river.
 I've got to believe that it is pretty cold for him.
 And then he found another unfrozen part of the river.
 I did manage to catch a picture of the Wolverine but I was hoping that there would be more of it reflected in the river.  Maybe next time.
Looking down the footbridge.

I was going to point out the piles of dog doo but I will save that for another post.  Why do people have to be such pigs anyway?

No comments: