Saturday, June 11, 2016

And the Thunder Bay Again

I believe this is the second time that I've seen the Thunder Bay in the last week. 
 I last saw the Thunder Bay on Sunday.  At that time, she was heading up to Superior, Wisconsin.
 While in Superior, she would have picked up either a load of taconite or coal.  I think she picked up a load of taconite based on fact that she was on her way to Nanticoke as I was taking this picture.
 I believe there is a steel mill either in or near Nanticoke.  So from Port Huron, it's about 2 days up to Superior and roughly two days back.  That gives you a pretty good idea of the side of the Lakes.
 Makes for lots of miles.
 but it was pretty cool to see her.
 And it was a pretty nice day.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
And she continues on her way down the St. Clair River.

No comments: