Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Why the Long Face?

I decided to go boatwatching on Sunday because it's been a while since I've done some pretty serious boatwatching.  It was kind of relaxing.
 The first ship we ran across was the John D. Leitch which is owned by Algoma Central.  At one time, she known as the Canadian Century but that was when she was owned by the Upper Lakes Group.
 Many boatnerds do not like her looks.  They consider her as ugly.  I wont call her uglybut I will say she is pretty unique looking.  She does have kind of an elongated pilothouse look.  Evidently that is so she can carry more cargo.
 It was actually a pretty nice looking day but a little on the cold side.  I kind of liked the way the clouds were looking but I was liking the fact that it was sunny more.
 One of the nice things about catching ships downbound at the Bluewater Bridge is that you have a chance for a frontal viewl.
 The Leitch framed by the Bluewater Bridge.
 You can get a frontal shot for a while.
 Then finally she makes her turn for the St. Clair River.
 I kind of like this shot with the Bluewater Bridge in the background.
 She starts to pass by.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 She slowly makes her way downriver.
 A shot of her rear.
One more shot before seeing the next ship.

No comments: