Sunday, November 24, 2013

And the American Mariner Makes Two

I was hoping to see more ships today but the weather wasn't particularly cooperative with that endeavor.  As I was leaving Belle Isle after seeing the Clarke, I looked out towards the Lake and saw the American Mariner.
 The American Mariner is another ship that has appeared on this blog a few times.  So I wont go too much into her history other than she is one of the smaller new ships.  And because of that, she is one of a few American ships that can transit the Welland Canal.
 Which is a good thing because I believe she was on her way to Quebec.  At anyrate, one of the reasons why I like this part of Belle Isle is because it presents me with the opportunity to catch a head shot.
 It also presents me with the opportunity to get some of the more dramatic ship angles.
 She slowly makes her way to the river.
 Giving me a nice shot of her pilothouse.
 And her bow.
 And almost and opportunity for a straight on shot.  But I did like the reflections in the River.
 She slowly makes her way to the mouth of the river.
 And almost gets swallowed by the Coast Guard station.
Reaching the Coast Guard station meant I didn't have much of an opportunity for other shots.  If it weren't so cold out, I would have tried to catch her at Milliken but the weather precluded that.

No comments: