Friday, February 24, 2017

Dancing Between the Stormfronts at DTW

The storm didn't last long and I was hoping that I would get some decent cloud action if I went to the airport.  Sadly it was one of those dull gray sky nights.  There was some definition in the clouds but not enough.
 Of course, I was looking for planes to go in front of those clouds.  A CRJ-200 belonging to Air Wisconsin but wearing American Eagle colors coming in from Philadelphia. 
 I'm not sure where this 747 was heading but it was kind of cool as it was taking off.  I could swear that I felt the car vibrating.
 An Embrear 170 belonging to Republic Airlines coming in from LaGuardia Airport in New York.  Republic has one of the cool callsigns as they use "Brickyard".  This plane would have been reported as Brickyard 4642. 
 Jet Blue 1237 arriving from Boston Logan Airport.  This particular aircraft is an Embrear 190.
 A CRJ-200 owned by Endevor Air coming in from Ottawa.
 An MD-90 coming in from Bradley International at Windsor Locks, CT.
 A Boeing 717 arrives from Philadelphia.
 A Spirit Airlines Airbus A320 arriving from LaGuardia.
 Another view of that plane.
 A Mad Dog 88 arrives from Baltimore.  I'm not sure how much longer these planes will be around.
Delta 19 Heavy cleared for visual approach on Runway 21L.  Detroit has four runways that run southwest.  Normally I catch planes that are landing on Runway 21L.  The 21 means that you are flying 210 degrees (almost due southwest).  Next to 21L is 21R.  The letters indicate the left or right runway.  There is also 22L and 22R.  These runways are on the other side of the terminal from where I photograph.  There are also two runways that run due west, but I don't think I've ever seen either of those runways used.
The flight was coming in from London, England and is a 767.

No comments: