Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Eastern Michigan vs Northern Illinois - Women's Basketball

It was a double header on Saturday and I decided to stick around for the women's game.  This was the first Eastern Michigan women's game that I've been to this year.  As I do this post, they are 6-22 overall and 1-15 in the MAC.  More on that later.
 Northern Illinois is currently 19-8 overall with a 12-4 record in the MAC.  I'm not sure where that puts them in the MAC, but I imagine that it puts them near the top.  And they looked like it.
 A shot of the basketball band.
 Another angle of the basketball band.
 The guy in the middle is Fred Castro.  He is the current Eastern Michigan women's team coach.  He took over after Tony Verdi ended up going to Maryland.  Last year, the Eagles made it to the second round of the WNIT tournament where they lost to TCU by 4 points.  This year, I don't think they are going to make it that far.
 After starting from the Eastern perspective, things didn't look good for the Eagles and I was more interested in getting decent shots, so I started to shoot from the NIU perspective.  Despite the slow start, Eastern actually made a game of it by getting within 10 points.
 This was probably my favorite shot of the day.


 Swoop.
 For the end of the game, I decided to go back to shooting from the Eastern side.  Phillis Webb would end up scoring 31 points which I think was her career high.
One of the Eastern players working around the defense.  Eastern would lose by 10 points.

No comments: