Sunday, June 8, 2014

And the Roger Blough......

So the next ship of the day was the Roger Blough.  She is basically cementing her place on this blog as its most photographed subject.
 First I picked her up in St. Clair.  I think she cuts a pretty mean profile.  She was heading back from Conneaut, Ohio.  She delivers taconite there which is turned delivered to Pittsburgh for the steel mills there.
 With the sun shining, the St. Clair River was a nice pretty shade of blue.
 The Blough had to sound the warning alarm as she approached the fishing boats that were encroaching on the channel just a little too much.
 A shot of her profile.
 And her stack.
 She works her way up the river.
 Next up was the park in Marysville.  I barely missed the headshot here.  I love her front, it has a nice menacing look to it but she really wont hurt a fly.
 Another shot of her three quarters view.
 And her bow.
 A shot of her pilothouse.  You never get an idea of the size until you have the reference of people.
 And a shot of her anchors.  I think each of these anchors is bigger than my car.  They are least heavier than my car.
 A shot of her pilothouse from the side.
 One of her radars.  It's amazing to see the assortment of electronics on her.
 A side shot of her pilothouse.
 A closer shot of her stack.
 This is her selfunloading equipment.  Because of this, she is limited to the ports that she can visit.  It pretty much means she is just delivering to either Conneaut or Gary.
 Her depth markings and engineer's mark.  I think that the diamond mark is for the American Bureau of Ships.
 A shot of her stern.
 She starts to apporach the Blue Water Bridge.
 She makes her turn for leaving the channel.
 The headshot.  I think this is one of my better shots of her.
 And she moves out.
 Framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 She passes the Bridge.
 A shot of her deckhouse.
And she heads out into Lake Huron.  She was on her way to Two Harbors, MN.

No comments: