Saturday, June 21, 2014

Waiting in Carland, MI

I ended up in Carland, Michigan because I wanted to catch a picture of the Nickel Plate 765 as it passed there.  I've seen a number of pictures of trains as they pass by and they look pretty cool.
 The Carland Elevator is right off the tracks and would be part of my pictures today.  According to one of the other people there, this was abandoned in the 1950's.  It looks like it is in pretty good shape for that.
 Across the street from the elevator was a tractor that caught my eye.
 The Farmall was a tractor that was built by the International Harvester company from the 1920's to the 1970's.  They were general practice tractors and captured a large share of the market during their production run.  It was  row crop tractor.
 I'm not sure what model this particular tractor was though.
 A shot of the elevtor from the front.  I'm thinking this may end up finding it's way in my train display.
From another angle.

Carland itself is an unincorporated community located in Fairfield Township.  It is to the northwest of Owosso, Michigan and along the tracks.

No comments: