Friday, October 23, 2015

A Couple Aircraft

Since I didn't want to spread these out over a couple of posts, I decided to put them into one post.
 As I was waiting for one ship to pass, I heard the distinctive sound of an airplane flying overhead.  I looked up and saw this guy.  It is known as a Wag-Aero CUBy and was developed by Dick Wagner of Wag-Aero of Lyons, Wisconsin.  The company was started by him and Bobbie Wagner in their basement in the 1960s.  In 1971, they moved to a permanent place.
The CUBy was developed as a replica of the Piper Cub.  It was sold as a kit aircraft and was first flown in 1975.  It is powered by a Continental C-85 engine which has 85 Horsepower.  This gives it a speed of 102 miles per hour.  It can carry one passenger in tandem.
 This is a closeup shot of the drone that was flying around.  I'm not sure what kind it was though.  I am very intrigued by the idea of a drone but I'm not sure I want to shell out the kind of cash required for a good one.
 As I was waiting for another ship, I saw this Dolphin coming in.  I'm not sure where it was heading.
But it ended up heading back out.

No comments: