Tuesday, October 13, 2015

And Then There's the Munson

It's a rare day where I catch two classic lakers in one day.  It's even rarer that I catch three.  Sunday was one of those days.
 The next ship that I caught was the John G. Munson.  She was carrying stone from Roger City down to Huron, Ohio.
 If I would have thought it wasn't going to be dark when she reached Huron, I was tempted to chase her down the river but she wouldn't be there until later.
 It's kind of a shame because I thought it was pretty neat when I caught the Clarke there.
 I did manage to catch a shot of her with a train though.  If only there were plane flying in there....
 And she is framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 I will have to say that the red of her hull stands out well against the blue water.
 And the lighting was almost perfect for me.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 And her deckhouse.
And she continues her trek down the St. Clair River.

No comments: