Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Catching the B-17s in Urbana, Ohio

I kept checking FlightRadar for the B-17s that I thought were going to be flying over the museum.  It turns out that they weren't but I figured out where they were flying.  At first I thought they were flying out of Springfield, OH, so I went to the airport there.  It turns out they were flying out of there but that was the nearest airport that FlightRadar had.  I asked where they were and the people there told me they might be out of Grimes Field in Urbana, Ohio.
 So I drove up to Urbana, Ohio.  It is is to the northeast of Dayton and if you follow movie lore, it is also the home of the O'Shea Brothers from Little Giants.  Well, I was happy to see the movie Memphis Belle waiting on the tarmac.
 Some of the crew were dressed like World War II folks.
 It wasn't long before the Yankee Lady appeared.  She was giving tours.
 It was pretty cool to get here at a different airport.
 But it was raining and that made pictures difficult.
 I was also shooting into the sun, so I had to do a little manipulation of the pictures when I got home.
 But I think they turned out okay.
 A little moisture kicked up.
 A close up of the Memphis Belle.
 The Yankee Lady comes to her spot.

A couple shots of her after she landed.

No comments: