Thursday, May 24, 2018

Looking for RJ267 Heavy But Getting an RJ of a Different Sort

Right now, Mondays and Thursdays are my nights to catch 787s at Detroit Metro Airport.  Royal Jordanian has a 787-8 flight that arrives from Amman, Jordan after a stop in Montreal.  Air France has a 787-9 flight from Paris.  I think the Royal Jordanian flight will be direct from Amman in the near future and Air France is changing back to the 777.  But you never know.
I headed over to Metro Airport with the hopes of catching the Royal Jordanian 787.  Under normal circumstances, it arrives at the airport at 5:45. Usually that is plenty of time for me to get from work to the airport.  Most of the time, I catch it.  There are times where I don't catch it because it arrives early.  Tonight was one of those nights.
Anyway, I caught plenty of other planes.  Here are the pictures.
 The Canada Regional Jet is actually a pretty nice looking airplane.  I just see too many of them.  Anyway, they are abbreviated as RJ.  The Royal Jordanian flight is listed as RJ267, hence the title.  This particular CRJ was arriving from Toronto.
 The Air France 787-9 was also early but  I was able to catch that one.   It is supposed to arrive around 6:40 but there is alot of ground between Paris and Detroit where a pilot can make up for lost time.  Anyway, I love this livery.
 I decided to head over to the other side of the airport to catch some of the planes coming in from the west.  This Spirit Airlines A320 was arriving from Seattle.
 Besides the 757, I love the DC-9/MD-8X/MD-9X/B717 family.  I also love the old American Airlines livery.  So this is the best of both worlds.  This MD-82 was coming in from Dallas.
 A CRJ-200 arriving from MBS Airport which is located between Bay City/Saginaw and Midland.  I think the plane spends more time taxiing than it does in the air.
 A Spirit A320 arriving from LaGuardia.
 A Delta A319 arriving form Mexico City.
 A 737 arriving from Atlanta.
 A CRJ-200 arriving from the land of Knute Rockne.
 It was followed by this 737 arriving from Portland.
 I would love to see United go back to their tulip livery.  This A319 was arriving from San Francisco.
 It was followed by a 737 arriving from Minneapolis.
 I think I like sitting on the other side of the airport.  When planes land on the other runway, I am at least not shooting into the sun.  Sadly, it was pretty warm tonight, so I might have been getting some heat distortion.
 A CRJ-700 arriving from Birmingham, Alabama.
 A 757 coming from Orlando.
 Another A319.  This one was arriving from Boston.
 This CRJ-700 coming from Appleton, Wisconsin.
 This is the plane that I was waiting for on this side of the airport.
 The MD-11 arriving from Memphis.
 An A321 arriving from San Diego.  For some reason, this plane reminds me of the 757 but I don't think it is quite as nice looking.
 A Boeing 717 arriving from Madison, Wisconsin.
 A 757 from Fort Myers.
 An MD-90 arriving from Denver.
 An A330 arriving from Amsterdam.
 This 737 arriving from Phoenix.
 And this CRJ-700 arriving from Houston.
 This plane was kind of weird.  When I looked at the list of planes arriving at Detroit, it showed a 757 from Santa Ana, CA but it showed it as "scheduled".  Usually that means it hasn't left the airport yet.  When I saw this one appear on Flight Radar, it showed as N/A to N/A.  I tracked it back and it came from Santa Ana.
Anyway, I was happy to see a 757 on this side too.

No comments: