Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Atlantic Huron Passes Detroit

Some ships have a found spot in my heart and this ship is one of them.  This is probably the ship that started me on the path of being a shipwatcher.  One of the reasons is because it was part of my favorite pictures.  If you'd like her story, go here.
 I was hoping that the clouds would be a little more interesting tonight and with the wind, I thought the river would be wavier but neither was the case.
 Oh well, the sky was still cloudy enough for me but I think I wanted more stormy looking clouds.
 She starts to pass by my spot.  I think this is one of the better spots from Milliken.
 This one isn't too bad.
 A closeup of her pilothouse.
 And she makes her way downriver.
 Another shot of her pilothouse.
 And Windsor as a backdrop.
 She gets a little closer to the Ambassador Bridge.
And she is about to pass under.

I kind of wish I would have gotten down there a little earlier because I would have caught a couple of other ships.

No comments: