Friday, October 26, 2012

The Dorothy Ann/Pathfinder in Port Huron

Originally I took today off to do my October pictures of Belle Isle but then I looked at AIS last night and saw that there would be a ton of traffic coming down or up.  One of the ships that I saw was the Algoma Provider.  Since I wanted to catch a picture of her the last time she passed by the area, I figured I couldn't miss her this time.  Looking at her plot, I figured it would be dark while she passed Detroit, so I figured I would try to catch her in Port Huron.  Again looking at her plot, I figured I needed to be in Port Huron at 8:00 A.M.

In order to make sure I didn't miss I got up at 5:30 this morning.  I am not a morning person and I didn't realize that there was a 5:30 in the morning.  Apparently there is.  So I hopped in the shower and then turned on the computer to make sure she was still heading up to Port Huron.  Turns out she did the same thing she did last time and made a stop at Sterling Fuel Dock.  So I looked at what was heading towards Port Huron and saw that there were plenty of ships heading up that way, so I headed up that way as well.
 Well every story has a beginning and end and so does this day's story.  I was hoping my first pictures from today would be pictures of the Algoma Provider heading upbound but alas that wasn't to be.  So my first ship of the day isn't really a ship but I'll call her a ship all the same.  The day still started in Port Huron at the Maritime Center.  Fortunately, they have coffee.
 She is the Barge Pathfinder.  Since she's appeared on this blog in the past, I wont go into her story but it's a pretty neat story and you should check it out sometime.
 She is pushed by the tug Dorothy Ann and both are owned by the Interlake Steamship Company.
As I'm not a fan of these vessels, I didn't take too many pictures of her.

No comments: