Friday, October 26, 2012

The John G. Munson Makes Nine

Lately when I go shipwatching, I am happy if I see one ship.  That is usually because I'm doing it after work and while I'm heading home from Troy.  Sometimes I will get lucky and catch two ships.  I think I hit the mother lode today because I will have seen ten ships (plus two that were docked but I don't usually count those in my tallies).

So after catching the Kuber, I decided to say my goodbyes to Port Huron and head back home.  Since I saw that there were two more ships heading upbound, I decided to take M-29 home because that runs along the St. Clair River.  Also, it is a pretty nice drive.
 So next up is the John G. Munson.  She has appeared on this blog a few times in the past.  You can see the H. Lee White a little further downriver, although I wouldn't catch up to her again.
 The Munson seemed a little smoky today.  I hope this doesn't mean a serious problem for her because it would be a shame to lose another steamer.
 I do like her lines though.
 The Great Lakes Trader starts to work her way downbound.  Sadly, they were passing as the Munson would have presented the angle I wanted to take.
 A shot of her pilothouse.  I think you can see some similarities between her and the Callaway.
 Her deckhouse.
 And she works her way up the St. Clair River.
And one more shot.

No comments: