Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Snowy Day in Ypsilanti

Since it was going to be a short work week anyway, I decided to make it even shorter and took the rest of the week off.  It feels good to get a little break especially since I have Monday and Tuesday off next week as well.  I was hoping to do my Grand Boulevard tour today but the weather didn't feel like cooperating with me, so it was just a close to home day.
 I think we are supposed to get dumped on and if the level of snow when I took these pictures is an indicator, I think that may be correct.  Oh well, it is still nice to look at if I don't have to drive in it.
 The top of the Water Tower peaking out over the trees.
 McKenny Union in a snowfall.  I do like the looks of this building.
 Looking up at the Water Tower.
 Sherzer Hall.  School is out for right now, so it was pretty quiet on campus.
 Starkweather Hall.  You can see a little layer of snow starting to form on the roof.
 The clocktower of Pierce Hall.
 One of a few statues that are around campus.  They are mostly centered around the art building.
 Pease Auditorium looking resplendant in the snow.
 Boone Hall.
 The Tower Inn.  It is actually a pretty good restaurant and they have really good pizza.
 Ned's Bookstore.  I dropped a few dollars here.
 Another angle of Boone.
 Another angle of the Water Tower.  I think you can see the snow starting to stick to the road as well.
 A shot of Cross Street.  That is Welch Hall to the right.
 Looking down the street.
 Another view of Welch Hall.
And one last shot of the Water Tower.  Hopefully the snow wont last too long and I'll be able to carry out my plans for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Pater said...

It is amazing that it is still standing after all these years.