Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Mesabi Miner in Port Huron

The first time I saw this ship was at the Opening Day for the Soo Locks.  Then I saw her a couple other times at the Soo Locks.  I've also seen her on the Detroit River now.  So I was happy to see her in Port Huron.
 Slowly she creeps around the bend for today the 1000 footer would be on the hunt.
 For some reason, it seemed like the ships were moving a little faster than normal on Sunday.  Here she pours on some smoke to get into the channel.
 A shot of her bow.
 And pilothouse.  Looking at the seagull in the foreground, I think he needs sunglasses and one of those earpieces that Secret Service agents wear.  He almost looks like he could be saying, "Nothing to see here...move along".
 Then I headed back to the Maritime Center.  I wanted to get some fuller shots of her.
 Another shot of her pilothouse.  This time not under the watchful eye of the seagull.
 And she moves a little more downriver.
 Passing the plants in Sarnia.
And one more shot before she moves on.

No comments: