Friday, December 14, 2012

And the Blough Makes an Evening

One of my reasons for being down on Belle Isle tonight was because I found out that the Blough would be passing by.  The Blough is my favorite ship by far.  She's also the ship that has appeared on this blog the most.
 Sadly, the light was working against me for the shots I really wanted.  So the Blough appears to be washed out.  I really need to figure out how to get it to just meter over the subject I'm taking a picture of.
 This picture looks a little better.  This might be a case where I'd want to learn HDR but that might difficult with a moving subject.
 At least the Blough stands out a little more from the background.
 One of the main reasons I like to watch ships is because it is so peaceful.  It is near the water and the sounds of the water lapping against the beach are calming.
 At this time of night, the light is almost perfect.
 But the dusk light is even better.
 A shot of her pilothouse.

 A couple of shots against a plain background.
 One more of the pilothouse.
 She slowly makes her way past the Coast Guard station.

A couple of shots including the Coast Guard station.

The scuttlebutt is that this is the last time this season she will be going to Conneaut, so this means I probably wont see her again until next season (unless I make a trip up to the UP).  So with that, fair winds and following seas Roger Blough.

No comments: