Friday, December 14, 2012

The Anna M. Scripps Conservatory

The other reason that brought me to Belle Isle instead of other places in Detroit was the fact that they were going to have the Conservatory and Aquarium open tonight.  It has been almost a year since I was last in the Conservatory and about six months or so since I've been in the Aquarium.
 The Conservatory was decorated for Christmas.  This would almost make a nice Christmas Greeting picture.
 I kind of wish they had an ornament that was specific to the Conservatory but oh well.
 The poinsettia displays were just as good this year.
 The tree was pretty cool.
 There were some spots where the plants were lit up.
 The palm tree looked pretty cool.
 And a deer.
 I kind of liked this shot.
 A goose.
 Some of the orchids.  Unfortunately, my pictures of these weren't the greatest.  I may have to go back.
 More lights.
 A poinsettia tree.
 Another shot of the tree.
As I was leaving the Aquarium, I was impressed with this view.

No comments: