Saturday, December 22, 2012

Another Evening with the Blough

I saw that the Roger Blough would be passing by Detroit about the time I would get down there if I left right after the game.  So I left after the game, filled up my car and headed down to Milliken State Park.
 As I was coming up to the park, she was just passing the Ambassador Bridge.  Sadly, the sun was getting pretty low, so it made for some darker pictures but I do like the colors in the sky.
 It was fairly chilly as I was wandering around the park.
 As she got closer, I was able to get her to look a little brighter.  There's kind of a funy story to go with this particular picture.  As I was snapping it, there was a woman who was showing her family (or something) around the area.  She then said, "When I was a kid, there used to be freighters that would pass the city" in a way that made it sound like freighters don't pass by anymore.  Shortly after I pressed the button, she said, "Oh look, there's one".
 As she is almost straight out.
 And she passes by.
 And then I headed over to Belle Isle to try to get some more pictures of her.  It was getting even darker yet but  I still liked the colors in the sky.
 A closeup of her pilothouse.
 And she passes by this spot.
 So I decided to head to the fishing pier to catch one last glimpse of her.  I kind of like the silouette of her pilothouse against the sky.
 I think I like this shot a little better.
 Another shot of her pilothouse.
 And she makes her way to Lake St. Clair and beyond.
But one more shot as she almost passes out of view.  I have a feeling this will be the last time I'll catch her this season.  It's been fun to see her as much as I have this year.  So until we meet again Roger Blough....fair winds and following seas.

No comments: